Address: Castel di Ieri

Description

The gate of the city walls, known as the ‘arch’ gate, controlled the access to the fortified village.  
The door is an arched lancet and dates from the year 1495, as indicated by the inscription placed on the lintel. It is not certain, however, if in that year it was built or possibly rebuilt.
On the keystone of the door is the stone emblem of the Colonna family.