The origins of this church, the only one present in the old town, date back to the 15th century and it is likely to have been built at the same time and within the walls of the castle. The visible ruins are only partially attributable to the original building: the surviving altars are in fact from a 17th-century intervention.
It was abandoned following damage suffered in the earthquake of 1915 and is now a museum in situ.
Only the perimeter walls of the structure of the single nave church remain. There is also a main altar reconstructed in 1998 (when the metal roof was constructed), a side altar, a Renaissance font and some statues.
The floor underneath the church hall can be seen outside along the front of the building on the right and consists of vaulted spaces which today are for private use only.